James Sudimak was born and raised in the humble state of Delaware, and is a drummer/percussionist currently based in Philadelphia. He has been a musician since the age of 11.
He attended The School of Jazz at The New School in New York City from 2011 to 2013, where he studied drumset with Amir Ziv, Jim Black, Michael Carvin, and attended courses led by Gene Perla, Reggie Workman, Charles Tolliver, Bill Kirchner, David Lopato, Rory Stuart, and Joanne Brackeen, among others.
Since returning to Delaware in 2013, James has been a highly sought-after drummer/percussionist in the Delaware region.
James was especially active in the local community and professional theatre circuit, having played for nearly two dozen productions at Clear Space Theatre Company in Rehoboth Beach, DE from 2012 to 2018, He has also performed for other theatre productions at Possum Point Players in Georgetown and surrounding high schools in southern Delaware.
James has also been the drummer for contemporary blues/funk act Judy Sings The Blues from 2014 to 2019, having played at dozens of venues, festivals, and benefits on the Delmarva region up to southern Pennsylvania every year. The band released their first album in 2018, entitled “Born a Sinner”.
He also performs regularly with Las Vegas based singer-songwriter Toney Rocks in his acoustic-based trio project called The Rejects, who is releasing a studio-session EP in October 2019.
James graduated from Delaware Technical Community College in 2016 with a degree in Computer Information Systems and works by day as a Remote Web Developer while balancing his music career simultaneously. He currently resides in Philadelphia, PA.
James is a versatile drummer, percussionist (non-mallet) & musician with 20 years musical experience and 6+ years experience performing drumset for professional musical theatre productions.
- 2018 Season
- Bye Bye Birdie (Spring 2018)
- The Rocky Horror Show (Summer 2018)
- Mary Poppins (Summer 2018)
- Christmas Carol: The Musical (A. Menken) (Winter 2018)
- 2017 Season
- Gypsy (Spring 2017)
- The Little Mermaid (Summer 2017)
- Legally Blonde: The Musical (Summer 2017)
- A Chorus Line (Summer 2017)
- Miracle on 34th Street (Winter 2017)
- 2016 Season
- Anything Goes (Spring 2016)
- Shrek: The Musical (Summer 2016)
- Meet Me In St. Louis (Winter 2016)
- 2015 Season
- Company (Spring 2015)
- Little Women: The Musical (Spring 2015)
- Rent (Summer 2015)
- Grease (Summer 2015)
- A Christmas Story: The Musical (Winter 2015)
- 2014 Season
- Camelot (Spring 2014)
- The Full Monty (Summer 2014)
- Oliver (Summer 2014)
- She Loves Me (Winter 2014)
- 2013 Season
- La Cage Aux Folles (Summer 2013)
- 2012 Season
- Broadway at the Beach – revue (Summer 2012)
- Hello, Dolly! (Spring 2018)
- Beauty & The Beast (Fall 2017)
- Hairspray (Fall 2015)
- Baby (Fall 2014)
SUSSEX ACADEMY OF ARTS & SCIENCES
- Beauty & The Beast (Spring 2017)
- Legally Blonde: The Musical (Spring 2016)
SUSSEX TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL
- Pippin (Winter 2018)